Frequently Asked Questions

  • chevron_rightWhat is Regal Manor?
    “Regal Manor” is a deed-restricted community comprised of the following developments: Wellsley Ford Townhomes, Summerlake Townhomes, Baden Village, Regal Manor, Fallbrook, Balmoral, Stanton Heights, Stafford Oaks, Adler Grove, Bexley.  Regal Manor Homeowners Association has 945 homes.
  • chevron_rightWhen is the Annual Meeting?
    In accordance with the Regal Manor CCRs, the Board of Directors conducts an annual meeting once a year.  This is an opportunity for residents and members to gather and share information about what is happening in the community and to solicit ideas.  Members are called to vote on initiatives, Board members and other item as necessary. A quorum of 30% of the members is necessary to conduct this meeting. Therefore, it is crucial that all members attend if possible. Members not able to attend are strongly encouraged to fill out a proxy form giving another member to vote in their place.
  • chevron_rightWhat are my rights as a Homeowner in a Deed Restricted Community?
    In a Homeowners Association it may appear that the Board of Directors has all the power.  Believe it or not, that is far from the truth.  Association members are just as empowered.  The key is finding the source of this power and knowing how best to use it. Owners would be surprised to learn that sprinkled throughout the Association’s governing documents are many rights that allow the member to hold the Board accountable.
    What is the key to finding this source?  It’s pretty simple, really, and it only requires you to read. The Regal Manor Homeowner’s Association is governed by two primary documents. The first is a 60-plus page document called the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (more commonly known as the CCR’s or Restricted Covenants). This document outlines the Association’s purpose, restrictions, and rights. The second document is the Bylaws. This document acts as an administrative tool.  It outlines specific processes and protocol the Board is required to follow as it conducts the business of the Association. Both legally-binding documents are designed to identify the rights and responsibilities of the Board and the Association membership, the overall purpose being to set an agreeable standard of living.
  • chevron_rightWhat if I get a violation letter?
    First, don't panic or freak out! A violation letter is an attempt to communicate with the homeowner about something potentially in violation of the Regal Manor HOA governing documents. The worst thing to do is ignore it.  If there are questions about the letter, please call the management company to address to prevent additional letters or fines. We understand that life happens and often times there are extenuating circumstances. We are happy to consider temporary permission upon request and on a case-by-case basis. Failure to comply with a violation letter can lead to further action. Upon the third letter for a categorical violation within a consecutive 12-month period, the homeowner will be called to a hearing.  The result of the hearing could include, but is not limited to fines and/or correction of the item at the homeowner's expense. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I respond to a violation notice?
    You may email our Association Director, Rita Barrett at rbarrett@camsmgt.com or by calling the CAMS office at (704) 731-5560
  • chevron_rightHow do I prepare for a violation hearing?
    Violation hearings are an enforcement tool of the Association that enables the Board of Directors to stimulate conversation between them and an owner to resolve some area of non-compliance.  It is called only after an owner has been sent a minimum of two warning letters and the matter remains uncured and we have had no communication from the owner. 

    The hearings are conducted monthly by the Board of Directors, generally on the same day as the Board of Directors meeting (4th Tuesday of the month). 
    If you are called to a hearing here are a few helpful hints that will help you prepare:
    • Make every effort to resolve the matter prior to coming the hearing.You can do this by calling the management office. If you have cured the violation or we can agree on a short term variance there may be no need for you to attend the hearing. 
    • If you plan to attend the hearing you must RSVP.You can do that via email or phone call to the management office. Contact information can found on the hearing letter. 
    • If you plan to attend the hearing to dispute the matter, please bring sufficient evidence documenting your position. You may also bring witnesses as warranted.  Unfortunately, stating that you didn’t get previous warnings letters typically isn’t a good defense.
    • Know your rights. Article X of the Association’s Declaration outlines the violation and hearing procedures.You may also contact the management office to request a detailed copy of the association’s violation process that includes information on both the hearing protocol and fine schedule.
    The purpose of the meeting is for the owner to give feedback about the noted concern. After the introductions the meeting facilitator, generally the President, will restate the specific purpose for the hearing and then afford time for rebuttal. The board may opt to ask questions. If no further discussion is needed, they will thank you for coming and advise that you will receive a hearing results letter within 3 to 5 business days. Once all hearings have been completed, the Board will review each to determine the appropriate action. The Board has three main options:
    • Levy an immediate fine. Allow 5 days to cure. Fine for each day the infraction remains uncured and/or fine for any subsequent infractions in the same category within a 12 month period (without additional hearing). 
    • No immediate fine but levy a fine for any subsequent infraction within a 12 month period (without additional hearing). 
    • No penalty and removal of the infraction from owner’s record. 
    When called to hearing, the setting should not be one of contention. The Board is comprised of owners that live within the community. All of whom have received violation letters in the past and can be subjected to hearing as well. The primary goal is to discuss what steps have or will be taken to resolve the concern and help insure consistent compliance. If you have any questions or would like more information regarding the Regal Manor hearing process, please contact the management office.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a ARC? What/why do I need to submit one?
    The Architectural Review Committee is a group of members who are tasked by the Regal Manor CCRs to review and administer the architectural guidelines therein. These guidelines are intended to protect the "look and feel" of the community and the value of homes. Most outdoor improvements require the submission of an ARC request.  Please reference the governing documents for specific details. Once a fully completed ARC request is received by the management company and forwarded to the ARC committee, they have 30 days to render a decision. If a request is denied, an appeal may be submitted to the Board of Directors. The Board's decision is final.  If an improvement is made without an approved ARC request, it will be considered in violation of the CCRs and that process will be executed (see above). To ensure a rapid turnaround time, please include all necessary documentation (plot plan, color and/or product samples, accurate and complete information, etc.).

    Architectural Requests
    Any external alteration including--but not limited to--landscaping, buildings, fences, lighting, play equipment, flags, satellite dishes, pools or basketball goals requires the submission and approval of an Architectural Request form.  Please following these directions when submitting a request:
    • Consult the Regal Manor Convenants to verify compliance of your request.
    • Download and print a copy of the ARC documents including an ARC Request Form 
    • Email or fax your completed form along with a plot map, pictures and/or supporting documentation of your request. You may fax your completed application to (704) 672-3157
    • The ARC Committee will review the completed application and submit a verdict within 30 days of receipt of all documentation. Appeals may be addressed to the Regal Manor Association Board of Directors. There is also a new follow-up process to verify that any ARC implementation is in compliance with the approved request. You may also refer to the ARC Guidelines document for related information and restrictions that may apply. This document clarifies otherwise ambiguous verbiage in the CCRs. The ARC Committee will use this document as a tool in conjunction with the CCRs for all ARC requests and/or violations. This document is adopted and considered as one of the Regal Manor HOA governing documents.
  • chevron_rightWhen are the Annual Assessments due?
    The 2020 Annual Assessment is $680, payable in installments of $170 per quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1.) Payments not received by the end of the respective month will be subject to fees, penalties, and/or suspension of amenity privileges as provided in the governing documents. Therefore, it is imperative that everyone pay their assessments on time. If an assessment cannot be paid promptly, please call the management company to set up a payment plan in order to prevent additional fees. Accounts 90 days past due will have a lien against their home. Further delinquency will result in additional fees and attorney costs and may result in foreclosure proceedings.
  • chevron_rightWhat do my dues pay for?
    The annual assessments cover the costs of maintenance and upkeep of the community.  They also fund capital improvements and services offered to the residents. Among the developments, there are over 60 acres of natural and common spaces that the Association is responsible for.  Since we are in the unincorporated area of Fort Mill, we lease over 150 non-subsidized streetlights from York Electric and Duke Energy at a cost exceeding $5,300/month. Landscaping, annual plantings and pine needle applications are substantial expenditures. It takes nearly 3,000 bales of pine straw and over 2,300 plants to refresh the common areas.  Management costs, pool maintenance and supervision, general amenity maintenance, utilities, insurance, property taxes, security, and communication expenses are just a few categories that are covered by the Association dues.  They also fund social events for the whole family to bring people together and encourage a sense of community. 
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact to reserve the clubhouse?
    For reservations, please call the CAMS office at (704) 731-5560 to check for availability. For rental and pricing information, please check the "Information" section of this website.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a pool pass?
    You will need to contact our Association Director, Rita Barrett at rbarrett@camsmgt.com or by calling the CAMS office at (704) 731-5560. Please refer to the Pool section under the "Information" link above for additional details.